Fine Watch Club Club are pleased to offer this charming vintage Omega Geneve, mechanical hand-winding and finished in 9K Yellow Gold. The Omega Geneve series is a collection of watches that were part of Omega’s offerings during the mid-20th century.
History of the Omega Geneve Collection:
- Introduction: The Omega Geneve series made its debut in the 1950s, positioning itself as a mid-range collection within Omega’s extensive lineup.
- Mid-20th Century: The Geneve series was prominent during the mid-20th century, a period marked by significant innovations and developments in the watch industry.
- Diverse Models: The Geneve collection included a diverse range of models, catering to different tastes and preferences. These watches were known for their quality craftsmanship and precision.
Key Features and Design:
- Classic and Timeless Design: The Omega Geneve watches typically featured classic and timeless designs, reflecting the prevailing aesthetics of the era.
- Simple and Elegant Dials: Omega Geneve watches were often characterised by simplicity and elegance. Our example features straightforward hour markers, hands, and includes a date complication, a useful tool for some.
- Over the years, the Geneve series evolved, and Omega introduced new models and updates to keep pace with changing trends and technological advancements.
- While the Omega Geneve series may not be as widely recognised as some other iconic Omega collections, it holds historical significance as part of the brand’s heritage. Vintage Omega Geneve watches are sought after by collectors who appreciate the classic designs and craftsmanship of mid-20th-century timepieces.
Case Width: 34mm
Metal: 9K Gold
Year of Manufacture: 1960’s
Movement: Mechanical Hand-Winding