Fine Watch Club are delighted to offer this charming Rolex Datejust 41 “Wimbledon” 126300. Slate grey with green roman numerals dial complete with box and papers from 2018.
The Rolex Datejust made its debut in 1945 to celebrate Rolex’s 40th anniversary. It was the first automatic wristwatch to feature a date display on the dial, a groundbreaking innovation at the time. A distinctive feature of the Datejust is the Cyclops magnifying lens above the date window. This lens, introduced in 1953, enhances the legibility of the date, becoming a hallmark of the Datejust design.
The Rolex Datejust with a “Wimbledon” dial is a special variation of the iconic Datejust model, characterised by its unique colour combination that pays homage to the Wimbledon tennis tournament.
- The “Wimbledon” dial variation of the Rolex Datejust is not an official designation from Rolex. Instead, it’s a nickname given by enthusiasts and collectors due to its colour scheme reminiscent of the Wimbledon tennis tournament.
- Wimbledon is one of the oldest and most prestigious tennis tournaments in the world, held annually in Wimbledon, London, England. The tournament is known for its grass courts and traditional attire, including the use of green and purple colours.
- The Rolex Datejust with a “Wimbledon” dial features a slate grey dial with green roman numerals. The green colour represents the grass courts of Wimbledon.
- The “Wimbledon” dial variation is available across different Datejust models, including various materials such as stainless steel, yellow gold, white gold, and Rolesor (a combination of steel and gold).
- The design of the “Wimbledon” dial adds a touch of uniqueness and sportiness to the classic Datejust model, making it a popular choice among Rolex enthusiasts who appreciate the brand’s heritage and enjoy subtle nods to iconic events like Wimbledon.
- While not an official Rolex designation, the “Wimbledon” dial variation of the Datejust has gained popularity among collectors and enthusiasts for its distinctive colour scheme and association with the prestigious tennis tournament.
- Rolex occasionally releases special editions or limited editions of Datejust watches with dial variations inspired by events or themes, further fuelling the interest in unique and collectible Datejust models.
Overall, the Rolex Datejust with a “Wimbledon” dial is a stylish and distinctive variation of the classic Datejust model, offering a subtle tribute to one of the most revered sporting events in the world. Its unique colour combination and association with Wimbledon make it a sought-after choice for collectors and fans of Rolex watches.
Model: Datejust 41 “Wimbledon”
Case Width: 41mm
Dial: Slate Grey with Green Roman Numeral
Metal: Stainless Steel
Bracelet: Rolex Oyster
Year of Manufacture: 2018
Movement: Caliber 3235